Sailing off

WE ARE READY TO HAVE FUN AND DRINK COGNAC WHEN WE SAIL BEYOND INDONESIA MALAYSIA THAILAND ANDAMAN ISLANDS (India) TO THE PHILLIPINES



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

WE LEFT 6TH APRIL 9.30 AM...WITH A DEFINITE PLAN

It has been a really full and eventful day! Lots of emotions even some nervousness showed up.Hmm why is it that we have dreams, make plans to carry them out and than just before we actually are about to start fear shows up? Maybe to test us? After our last long showers, while I was dealing with my butterflies in the stomach/fear Robert was working out the last details on maneuvering Cognac from it's birth to refuel with diesel with the help of dear friends which is not such an easy matter. I often looked at boats, ok they look big and it is only when one has to move them in a marina it is obviously frightening. Filling up with diesel is much like driving to your petrol station, it even looks similar the only difference is that you are 17 meters long, on water have no breaks and must be certain of your moves. All went well and after appeasing the sea gods with a bottle of wine we left Mackay Marina

We had a definite plan to sail to Goldsmith Island where we are now. A lovely quite actually extremely quite and peaceful island/anchorage. There is no gold here, even though "Bobby" promised to give me a little shovel and make me look for it. He always makes me and most of his friends laugh, no different here and now. Today’s sail was a trial sail.. EY..to see if all worked OK and it did for most part.” Michelle" the autopilot was a bit temperamental at first and than sailed us beautifully in very sloppy(another word for rough) sail leaving port. So much so that I ended eating ginger and having a "Little c"nap which is another word for(grandma nap...not the grandma type).Robert was very attentive to every little sound Cognac made, he does this so well and the attention to detail is amazing on his part. Let's say the boat and him have a great relationship going, they take care of each other really well.

I have learned that I have so much to learn. There is so much I don’t know about how to sail this boat and even more that I don’t know that I don’t know. We had a great day and are ready for a BBQ with champagne…
OH... JUST ONE MORE THING,OUR POSTS WILL BE WRITTEN ON MOST DAYS AND POSTED WHEN WE HAVE RECEPTION.


No comments:

Post a Comment